Without My Permission You May:
- Link to my site or any specific post on my site.
- Extract and re-post ‘snippets’ (less than 100 words) on any other site as long as you
- give credit to me, Red the Writer and my site AND
- link back to my original post
Without My Permission You May Not:
- Use this content for non-commercial purposes without following the guidelines above. This includes on your personal or business website on digital or real products and print-on-demand products
- Use this content for any commercial purposes – none.
- Alter, transform, or build upon this work.
- Use content from this site while representing it as your own in any content form (print, web, etc). This includes extracting and re-posting content without linking back to this site.
Re-posting and Translation Rights
I do not permit the re-posting of my posts in their entirety. This is because Google penalizes websites for publishing duplicate content. It often can’t tell which site hosts the original, so I risk getting penalized myself for granting permission. In addition, I don’t allow the translation and publication of my work in other languages.
Images on RedTheWriter.com
You will find images on my site. I obtain these images in one of a few ways. First, I often take the photos myself. Secondly I use one of the sites listed below to obtain images to use on this site. When I use this option, I make every effort to contact the original owner of the image, either through an email address that is provided or by commenting on the photo listed on one of these sites. I also follow the Creative Commons licenses and abide by the “appropriate credit” guidelines under these licenses. In addition to just following the rules, I also try to provide attributions even when they are NOT required by listing the stock images site in the image alternate text. This is an important issue to me. I believe the creator should receive credit for their work. It is what I expect in the use of my own work. (See my post on this topic HERE.) If you are the original creator of an image found on this site, and believe it has been placed here in violation of copyright laws, please contact me! I keep meticulous records of the images I use, including the original license numbers and information from source site. You can contact me using the Contact Form below.
Here are the image sourcing sites I use:
- Flickr – The Commons